Thursday, January 1, 2009

Be Righteous and Happy!


I promised resolution # 2, and I've been thinking about it - really. See, the problem is that I can't figure how to work it out in my head. I'm not sure how to say how I feel. Odd for me, really, being of so many words typically. (Yes, intarweb friends, I'm a talker. Seriously.)

So here's the gist of it. I need to do the right thing more often. Sounds like an easy trick, or a Spike Lee directive, but think about it. How many times do you NOT do the right thing? Out of convenience? Or selfishness? Or a need to fit in? I make poor decisions on a tiny scale a lot. Or at least more than I would like to.

And on a larger level, I need to think about my team. I routinely make decisions for a team of folks. These are people who are perfectly capable of making decisions on their own, and VERY capable of evaluating those made by others. A decision made in selfishness or laziness has an effect on not only me, but these other team members, and those who we serve. So this year (and forever, really) I resolve to think about the consequences of decisions I make. And to do the right thing for everyone; not just me.



Quote Print by annechovie

No comments: