Yes, I've been bitten by the Internet meme bug. I originally posted this on Facebook, but I thought everyone in bloggyland would like to know a few choice tidbits about me, too.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. These silly notes have been awesome and I've been secretly wishing I'd get tagged. I love getting to know old friends all over again.
2. I'm addicted to coffee. The folks I work with know better than to talk to me before I've had a cup, because I don't make any sense.
3. I'm a food snob, and I'm very picky about what I eat. I have to know where it comes from and I only buy local produce grown organically. I don't eat at chain restaurants.
4. All bets are off on deployment. I will eat anything on a stick from a street vendor on the darkest alley in Southeast Asia. And love it.
5. I got sick doing that in Hong Kong and learned more than I ever wanted to know about how horrible public restrooms are and that they mentholate kleenex in HK. A little advice? Don't use mentholated kleenex for TP.
6. I have OCD. I also have to have everything symmetrical.
7. I enlisted not knowing what the hell I was getting in to and to get the hell out of New England. I miss home more than I ever thought I would but just can't see myself going back to stay ever.
8. I have only 7 years and 4 months until I retire and get a real job and I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. My thoughts so far are maybe an Alpaca farm in TX; but I have the feeling I'll end up teaching.
9. My sister and I are polar opposites. I have no idea how two people who grew up together are so different. I wish we were closer but it seems like we really have nothing in common.
10. I love my job. I love the sea, I love the opportunities it's provided me, I love the travel and the responsibility. Still, most days I feel like I don't belong.
11. I'm jealous of all of my friends with degrees, especially my SIL who is a Doctor. But not jealous enough to actually go back to school.
12. I almost didn't have another baby because being pregnant with Thing One was horrible. I lost 3 babies before him and one after and didn't know if my body or my heart could take it. I can't imagine life without Thing 2. My kids are amazing and I would do it all over again for them.
13. I got married at 19 and didn't tell anyone for a while. When we finally did, I'm pretty sure everyone thought we were crazy. We were, but El Jefe is the most wonderful amazing person I've ever met. We'll be married for 12 years in June.
14. I'm an internet addict. I've 'met' some amazing people through the internet that have made a huge difference to me and I've never even seen them IRL.
15. When I was 15 and crazy my folks sent me to live in VT for a summer with my mom's cousin. Those three months were some of the most defining months in my life. I learned to love fresh butter, cucumber sandwiches and me.
16. I read ravenously. I'm looking forward to deployment because despite the 18+ hour days, I get a lot of reading done. I have tons of books on my Kindle just waiting.
17. I can't wait till my hair turns grey. I have the family grey gene and I'm really proud of it and it grows in a 'Stacy London' streak.
18. I've lived here in San Diego county longer than I've lived anywhere in my life and I don't really like it here.
19. I collect the Evil Queen from Snow White. I have a replica of the Magic Mirror in my house. We also have a xmas ornament from Disneyland for every year we've been married.
20. I buy almost everything I can handmade from small businesses. I have a lot of custom clothing and I love it.
21. I have a pool in my backyard that I've never been in.
22. I hate working out, and the only reason I ever do is because I will lose my job if I get too big.
23. I collect watches, even though I can only wear one at a time. I tend to judge people based on their watch. Also, shoes.
24. I am the least photogenic person on the planet. El Jefe has a file in iPhoto of my "Greatest Hits". They're terrible. But funny.
25. I collect hobbies. They're always crafty. I knit, sew, scrap, bead, solder, paint and lots of other stuff. Nothing well, but I have to have a craft going at all times.
(This was harder than I thought!)
I'm not tagging anyone here - but I shared and you should feel secretly guilty for reading my deepest random things and not posting yours for the world, too. So lovely readers, please share! (And if I don't alerady follow your blog, leave me a comment so I can!)