Monday, March 10, 2008

Music Monday!! (St. Pat's Edition)

Happy Monday! St. Patrick's day is coming soon, do you have 'yer corned beef and cabbage ready to go?? In honor of music Monday and St. Pat, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Irish tunes. (I'm Irish by birth - named after my Great Granny Jenny O'Connell, but I become a lot more Irish this time of year!)

First off, my new favorite. A little ditty from Flogging Molly called "What's Left Of The Flag".



An old favorite, and the necessary Riverdance vid - Countess Cathleen by Bill Whelan. Jean Butler is absolutely stunning.



Because I miss home so much this time of year, The Dropkick Murphys "I'm Shipping Up To Boston". There will never be a better place in the world to be than Southie on St. Pats. Just sayin'.



And the best for last - my favorite song. The one that reminds me of all that is dear to me at home when I'm miles away across the world. The one that keeps me sane when I can't stand the sound of my own heart and the sea any longer. Afro Celt Sound System "Persistence of Memory".

No comments: